1/1 Photo of Bunny Bread
This can be made into a roll. It's filled with raisins Chocolate chips and cinnamon and sugar! A little secret remember you are in control of the dough. If any problems do zaar mail me and I'll walk you through. I came up with this because I had extra dough from making poppy seed rolls. Using what decorations I had on hand. The M&m's run so place them on after baking using icing to adhear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, warmed
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup warm water (body temp)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fast-rising active dry yeast
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly mixed with water
- 2Place bread ingredients in order according to manufactures directions of your machine.
- 3Press the dough cycle and let process for a bit if it needs more water slowly add.
- 4Set for dough cycle.
- 6Meanwhile mix butter and sugar together and set aside.
- 7Mix raisins, chips and cinnamon together and set aside.
- 8When dough is ready punch down.
- 9Pinch 4 pieces (2 ears and 2 feet) of dough the size of a golf ball; 2 pieces (hands)1/2 the size of a golf ball; 2 pieces (cheeks)1/4 size of a golf ball.
- 10Make a flat disk out of each, place a tiny amount of the butter mixture and 1 chip and 1 raisin on each; bring up the side to enclose and make balls out of them, except for the ears shape into bunny ears, set aside.
- 11Roll rest of dough on a very lightly floured surface (a sil pad works great) into 18 x 8 rectangle.
- 12Spread the butter/sugar mixture on the dough.
- 13Sprinkle the raisin/ chip mixture on the butter. Bring up the long sides over into a wide roll tucking head edge down and bottom up.
- 14Tighten the neck area in shaping the head smaller then the body.
- 15Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 16Pinch the ears on the head arranging where you would like them.
- 17The cheeks go next together on the lower part of the head have them touching using some of the egg wash to adhere.
- 18Place the hands on the chest adhereing with eggwash.
- 19And the feet at the bottom adhere with eggwash. I used peanuts for the toes but use what you like.
- 20Brush egg wash on the whole exposed surface of bunny and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 21Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 30 minutes.
- 22FYI-If the hands, feet, cheeks come off during baking you can adhear them to the bunny after cooled with decorating icing. And if they do come off they may be bake so they can be removed from oven if done. My bunny`s ears opened up so they looked really full and cool!
- 23Have fun and decorate as you want.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bunny Bread
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 316.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g