Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the best hot wings IMHO. I don't like my hands to be really sloppy and the trip through the oven after frying solves this. Add as much heat as you like. I prefer the flavor of Red Hot sauce, but use your favorite. Add some Cayenne pepper to kick it to your desired heat level. Serve with my blue cheese dressing. Serves one hungry wing-lover or up to 4.
- 24 chicken wings, sections
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle hot sauce (Red Hot or Crystal)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375.
- Fry wings for 8 minutes. (Do this in batches so you don't over crowd).
- Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss wings in sauce. Roast 15-20 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve with Blue cheese or Ranch dressing and celery.
Delicious! I gave mine a thin coating of corn starch before I fried them just to form a thin crust and they were very very good. Thanks for the recipe! :)
I got this exact recipe about 20 years ago printed in my local paper in Los Angeles stating that these wings were the real thing. I dunno about the real thing, but damn good and I have been making these wings ever since. I just absolutely love this recipe. The one thing that really puts it over the top to me is the vinegar that gives the sauce a nice flavor. I ordered Anchor's wing sauce years ago to compare and I actually like mine better...go figure.
These were perfect! DH loves his hotwings and beer but is laid up and can't get out to his favorite pub. Never made these before but wanted to give him a treat.. He said best he ever tasted. These and a 6 pack = heaven. And we live in Buffalo! Thanx for posting...