Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Wow this is good! Tastes just like buffalo chicken/hot wings in a creamy and filling soup! Fast and simple too! I am not usually a fan of anything with canned cream soups but when I tried this I just had to have the recipe. There are lots of recipes here on Zaar for substitutes for canned cream soup that could be used with great results. I have listed that this makes a gallon, actually it makes just shy of a gallon of soup. From TOH with tweaks from Mama.
Top Review by maxsmom2006
I love this soup. I increased the hot sauce to 1 cup because we like our wings hot, and added chopped celery and carrots to add in some veggies. We live in Buffalo and this soup tasted just like our favorite wings. I will be making this a lot.
- 6 cups milk
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (use any flavor creamed soup you like chicken, mushroom, celery, etc I use 2 chicken and 1 celery, us)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover chicken from rotisserie, grilled or baked chicken)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing or 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, adjust to your taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Stove Top: Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook on stove until hot and flavors have blended. Stir often to dissolve everything and to keep from scorching on the bottom. At least 30 minutes.
- Crock Pot: Follow same directions above using crock pot. Just put everything in, stir well to combine everything and then cook on low for 4 hours.
- Adjust hot sauce to your liking and/or serve additional sauce on the side to allow each person to adjust their own bowl.
- Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream, ranch or blue cheese dressing/dip and a celery stick. Would also be good with some shredded cheese on top. If you want to stretch it to feed more try serving it over a scoop of white rice.