Wow this is good! Tastes just like buffalo chicken/hot wings in a creamy and filling soup! Fast and simple too! I am not usually a fan of anything with canned cream soups but when I tried this I just had to have the recipe. There are lots of recipes here on Zaar for substitutes for canned cream soup that could be used with great results. I have listed that this makes a gallon, actually it makes just shy of a gallon of soup. From TOH with tweaks from Mama.
- 6 cups milk
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (use any flavor creamed soup you like chicken, mushroom, celery, etc I use 2 chicken and 1 celery, us)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover chicken from rotisserie, grilled or baked chicken)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing or 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, adjust to your taste
- Stove Top: Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook on stove until hot and flavors have blended. Stir often to dissolve everything and to keep from scorching on the bottom. At least 30 minutes.
- Crock Pot: Follow same directions above using crock pot. Just put everything in, stir well to combine everything and then cook on low for 4 hours.
- Adjust hot sauce to your liking and/or serve additional sauce on the side to allow each person to adjust their own bowl.
- Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream, ranch or blue cheese dressing/dip and a celery stick. Would also be good with some shredded cheese on top. If you want to stretch it to feed more try serving it over a scoop of white rice.