Recipe by Mindy2
Be careful, these are very rich and very addictive! This recipe has more powdered sugar, which is what makes them creamy and delicious!
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I have made these several times for the holidays, and they are always a BIG HIT! It's not a good idea to forget the paraffin, as that is what makes the chocolate smooth and able to spread around the peanut butter balls... These are one of my favorites for sure! They are seriously rich and decadent. Great on cookie and candy trays for the holidays and travel well too! This is a chocolate and peanut butter lovers DREAM :D Glad you posted it, because I was going to lol.... Linda
- 4 ounces paraffin wax
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 lb soft butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs powdered sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt in top of double boiler paraffin and chocolate chips.
- Cream together butter, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Shape into small balls (about 1 inch or less thick).
- Using toothpicks, dip balls into melted chocolate (which is kept over hot water until finished).
- Makes close to 100 "buckeyes".
- Refrigerate and enjoy!