Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Sweet and Delicious, from a lass who grew up in Scotland.
- 8 ounces digestive biscuits or 8 ounces whole wheat biscuits, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add sugar, syrup and condensed milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Beat until thick, about 1 minute.
- Add crushed biscuits.
- Spread in 8x8 square pan and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover with melted chocolate.
Yummy - the kids could eat this any time! I too had some problems getting the 'fudge' to set, finally, I refrigerated it for a couple of hours and that worked fine. Maybe a little too sweet for adults. Cut back on the sugar some if you don't like your sweets really sweet!
This was so rich and sweet!! Wow! I used graham crackers instead of the digestive biscuits, and it seemed to work out just fine. This was really easy; although I had a hard time getting it to set up, but it was really hot and humid down here, maybe that was part of the problem. But otherwise, extremely rich and will satisfy ANY sweet tooth!