Recipe by Ridgely
This is a great little appetizer for Brie lovers!Mmmm!
Top Review by csgeddes
This is positively a stellar appetizer recipe! Thanks Ridgely. I did the make-ahead-and-freeze-in- the-tart-tin thing that Darlene10 recommended and it was fast, easy, delicious and impressive - all the things you want in an appetizer. I also made a batch using seedless raspberry preserves with chopped chipotle. The color combination of the green jalapeno tarts and the red tarts was especially pretty for the holidays. They will fly off your table, even when they have cooled off.
- 2⁄3 lb brie cheese, wedges are okay
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- hot pepper jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut brie into one-half inch squares.
- Place on a dinner plate in the freezer while thawing pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- When pastry is thawed, unfold and roll lightly with a rolling pin to remove creases.
- Cut each sheet in fourths, then cut each forth in half.
- Cut each piece in half again to produce 16 even squares of dough per pastry sheet.
- Lightly spray mini muffin cups with vegetable oil.
- Fit a square of dough into each cup.
- The pointed edges of the dough should extend straight up.
- Place a piece of cheese in each dough lined cups.
- Top with ¼ t.hot pepper jelly.
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.