Recipe by CoffeeB
A great breakfast item or for a snack anytime.--
Top Review by Annacia
I saw this this morning before breakfast and had to go for it. I used veggie sausage patties in place of the pork sausage, eggbeaters and a reduced fat cheddar. For me this made a great breakfast (and a terrific break from oatmeal, lol). A few mins spent for a yummy reward. :D
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown sausage.
- Drain, discarding all but 2 T. drippings.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet or in the microwave, scramble the eggs.
- Place an equal amount of sausage mixture on each tortilla.
- Cover with an equal amount of eggs and 2 T. of cheese.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Serve with salsa if desired.