Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great breakfast item or for a snack anytime.--
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, brown sausage.
- Drain, discarding all but 2 T. drippings.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet or in the microwave, scramble the eggs.
- Place an equal amount of sausage mixture on each tortilla.
- Cover with an equal amount of eggs and 2 T. of cheese.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Serve with salsa if desired.
I saw this this morning before breakfast and had to go for it. I used veggie sausage patties in place of the pork sausage, eggbeaters and a reduced fat cheddar. For me this made a great breakfast (and a terrific break from oatmeal, lol). A few mins spent for a yummy reward. :D
I made this for Sunday Brunch with my DGS and my Boy Wonder. I used half a pound regular bulk sausage and half a pound sweet Italian Sausage, I also added a tad bit of salt, pepper, and some minced garlic. This made up into a very easy meal, that was quite tasty, and brought raves from both the guys, in fact has been requested for next Sundays breakfast when DGS will be bringing is girlfriend...woo hoo you made quite a hit here! Thank You so much Coffee for a really good recipe. Made for KK's Green Event.
Great! I subbed roasted jalapenos for the green pepper with excellent results.