1/2 Photos of Bread Machine Moravian Sugar Cake
72 hrs 30 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
This makes a great sugar cake without all the work. My boys beg me to make this all the time and since it uses the bread machine I can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup instant potato flakes
- 5/8 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1Place dough ingredients in bread pan, select Dough setting and press Start.
- 2When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep.
- 3Turn off bread machine, remove bread pan, and turn out dough onto a floured countertop.
- 4Grease a 15x10x1 inch jelly-roll pan or 16x12x1 inch baking pan.
- 5Place dough in pan; gently stretching it, press it evenly into pan.
- 6Cover and let rise in warm oven 30 to 45 minues until doubled.
- 7In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- 8With 2 fingers, poke deep holes all over the dough.
- 9Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over dough.
- 10Drizzle melted butter on top.
- 11Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- 13Remove from oven, place on serving plate.
- 14Serve warm without icing or allow coffee cake to cool sightly and combine the confectioners' sugar and milk for the icing and drizzle on top of cooled coffee cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Machine Moravian Sugar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4878.9
- Calories from Fat 1789
- Total Fat 198.8 g
- Saturated Fat 120.9 g
- Cholesterol 862.9 mg
- Sodium 4210.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 725.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 404.4 g
- Protein 60.1 g