Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is pasta packed with flavor. The dry salad dressing mix gives it that extra punch. It has only 4 ingredients, so it falls into my favorite cooking category - quick and easy! I got this from Quick Cooking magazine and modified it a little. The original recipe called for only a 16 oz jar of garlic and onion spaghetti sauce, but I use any flavor of sauce and increased the jar size to 26 oz.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook and then drain pasta.
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and salad dressing mix.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with all of the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Good, not great. I used medium shells and some tri-color rotini as that's all I had in the pantry. I also added some leftover diced grilled chicken tenders which upped the flavor as well. I used Ragu's sausage and cheese flavor sauce - I also think this would be equally as good with only half as much cheese - the layer on top was pretty thick. I'll definitely make this again, but it won't be a standout, requested recipe, I don't think.
I thought this was yummy and simple. I added some garlic and some cayenne to just give it that extra kick for us.
This is a quick excellent meal for teens who have to get back to school quickly in the evening. I used Italian seasoning 1 tblsp. and 1 tblsp Tone's buttermilk dry seasoning. I also added some cooked hamburger that I had on hand. The kids would eat it without the hamburger but I want them to have the protein. I also used mozzerala and cheddar cheese.