Recipe by luvinlif2k
Known as "Kokt Torsk" in Norway. this recipe was submitted by Dagny Taranger from Frekhaug, Norway and Gerd Doroshuk of Dauphin, Manitoba. It was included in the Extending the Table Cookbook and is posted here for ZWT6.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, salt, vinegar and basil in a large kettle and bring to a boil.
- Add the cod.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Make sure to keep the water just below the boiling point to prevent the fish from falling apart.
- Remove fish from water and place on serving platter.
- Top with chopped parsley in melted margarine, or a hollandaise sauce.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and carrots.