Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Elegant tartlets served with a strawberry sauce offer a blend of fruit flavours complemented by Grand Marnier. Everything can be prepared ahead, so that at the time of serving, these tartlets are really quick to assemble. See the notes below. The chilling time has not been included in the ‘passive cooking time’. Another fabulous classic recipe from ‘The Australian Women’s Weekly’ website.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water, approximately
- 400 g blueberries
- 2 medium mangoes (about 860g)
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium mango, chopped (about 430g)
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 g strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Lightly grease 6 deep 10cm flan tins.
- Sift the flour into bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the egg yolks and enough water to make the ingredients cling together. Press the dough into a ball, knead gently on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth, then cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Divide the pastry into 6 portions, roll them in turn on a floured surface until they are large enough to line the prepared tins.
- Lift the pastry into the tins, ease into the sides, and trim the edges.
- Place the tins on an oven tray, line the pastry with paper, fill with dried beans or rice and bake at 190°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans, bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned; then allow to cool.
- Just before serving, pour the filling into the pastry cases, top with blueberries and serve with strawberry sauce and sliced mangoes.
- FILLING: Blend or process all of the ingredients until smooth.
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE: Blend or process all of the ingredients until smooth; then strain.
- NOTES: The pastry cases, filling and sauce can be made a day ahead.
- Storage: Pastry cases, in airtight container. Filling and sauce, covered, in the refrigerator. Freeze: The pastry cases are suitable suitable for freezing.
Delicious! I didn't have any flan tins so I used ramekins, which may have been a little smaller than the dishes specified, so I skipped the two extra mangos. No problem -- we loved these delicious summer treats! Thanks for sharing!