Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Food & Wine
- 4 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese (1/2 cup packed)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- In a food processor, combine the blue cheese, flour, cornstarch, butter, salt and pepper and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape it into a 4-inch disk; wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour, or for up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-by-6-inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds over the dough and press lightly to help them adhere. Cut the dough into 6-by- 1/2 -inch strips and transfer them to the baking sheet; twist the ends in opposite directions to make spirals.
- Bake the cheese straws for about 15 minutes, or until crisp and brown. Let the straws cool on the baking sheet before serving.
Sorry--five stars for previous review!