Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Blue Cheese Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- Bring butter and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Take pan from heat; add in flour and pepper, beating with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in cheese; let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheets.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I have a recipe almost exactly like this from Sunset magazine (just no cayenne in the recipe). It's worth the effort to stir the eggs into the batter. They keep great in the freezer to be reheated for unexpected guests.
If you are a blue cheese fan, you must try this recipe! I love blue cheese, and I had all the ingredients, so I whipped up a batch Saturday afternoon. As soon as they came out of the oven and were cool enough to eat - I ate 6 of them! As I was eating them, there was something familiar about them...they tasted like cream puffs with blue cheese. And guess what? That is exactly what they are :). I had never made cream puffs before because I thought they were "too difficult", but this recipe tricked me into making them, and they were easy! So thanks, Nurse Di, for a great recipe and for teaching me how to make Cream Puffs!