Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This just melts in your mouth, just like blintzes!
Top Review by Milette
This was perfect, delicious, and very easy. My family loved it and it will become a favorite. I made a bing cherry sauce to serve with it and the flavors were great together. Thanks, for the great dish, I've learned to trust your recipes on this site.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk (or can use half-and-half cream)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-in square baking pan.
- In a med-size bowl, mix flour, baking powder, butter and sugar, then stir in 2 eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons butter 1 egg, sour cream and salt.
- Place half of the flour mixture in the greased baking dish, then cover with the cottage cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool slightly then cut into squares to serve.