Recipe by Wing-Man
One of the best entrees on the menu at Pappadeaux's is "Blackened Opelousas". They use catfish now, but I would recommend red snapper or amberjack. Anyway this is similar and maybe better than their sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon jalapeno powder (if you can find it or cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons dry instant roux mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can oysters (drained)
- 8 ounces crawfish tail meat
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter still it starts to brown.
- Add cream and stir and heat till bubbling.
- Add remaining ingredients stirring in between.
- Reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- This sauce is great over blackened fish with a side of dirty rice.