Recipe by swissms
These brownies are dense, yet cloud-like—fudgy in the center and crunchy on the outside. Eggs make these brownies light and soufflé-like, chocolate makes them dense, and the minimal amount of flour (2 tablespoons) makes them fudgy.
Top Review by diner524
Yummy brownies!! I made exactly as written except 17 yo DS wanted them frosted, so added some chocolate buttercream frosting!! These are so good and rich, so one small piece was plenty to satisfy my sweet tooth. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Sweet Traditions Tag.
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate and butter in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in microwave oven on medium for 3 minutes. Stir well. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly oil an 8-by-9-inch or 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Place sugar and flour in a mixer bowl and mix 30 seconds on low speed. Increase speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- With mixer on low speed, drizzle in the cooled, melted chocolate mixture. Increase speed to medium and mix about 1 minute or until the batter is mousse-like in texture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake on center rack of oven 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is just set. Cool on a wire rack.