Chimichurri is a tangy herb paste that's used as both a marinade and a sauce. Here, cilantro replaces traditional parsley in the topping for these flavorful rib-eye steaks. Found on myrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili pepper flakes
- 2 boned beef rib eye steaks (New York strip, 1 1/2 inches thick, 1 1/2 to 2 lb. total) or 2 top loin steaks (New York strip, 1 1/2 inches thick, 1 1/2 to 2 lb. total)
- 2 teaspoons steak herb seasoning mix or 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (about)
- 1To make chimichurri, combine cilantro, vinegar, oil, garlic, adobo, oregano, pepper, and chile flakes.
- 2Rinse beef, pat dry, and rub all over with steak seasoning mix.
- 3In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter.
- 4Lay steaks in pan and cook, turning as needed, to brown all sides, including edges, about 10 minutes total for very rare (red in center, cut to test). For medium rare, cook 2 or 3 minutes more.
- 5To reduce spattering, wipe fat from pan with paper towels.
- 6Transfer steaks to a platter; keep warm.
- 7If dark charred bits are present in pan, wipe out with a paper towel.
- 8Add remaining butter to pan and stir; when melted, add chimichurri sauce.
- 9Cut meat into 4 portions and set on plates.
- 10Pour meat juices from platter into frying pan, then ladle sauce over steaks.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bistec Argentino Al Chimichurri (Steak With Chimichurri Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rib eye steaks
herb seasoning mix