Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fun Spring Treats! Kids love them. Use a 6 or 12 cup muffin tin depending on desired size of nests. We made only 6 nest with this recipe so we could overlap the top and give an "edge" for our bird to sit on. You could serve these right away or wrap them in a pretty cellophane bag and give them as a gift.
- 4 cups crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) package candy coated chocolate eggs
- 6 marshmallow peeps
- cooking spray
- Use a 6 or 12 cup muffin tin depending on desired size of nests. We made only 6 nest with this recipe so we could overlap the top and give an "edge" for our bird to sit on.
- Heat butter and marshmallows over medium heat.
- Stir till melted.
- Add noodles and stir till completely coated.
- Spray muffin tin then hands with cooking spray.
- Place mixture into muffin cups and shape with hands to form "nests".
- Approximately 30 minutes later, gently remove nests from muffin tin and perch a Peep on the side. (It helps if the nest is still a bit sticky, this will "glue" the peep on.).
- Place nests on a tray and put back in the fridge till completely set.
- Fill with candy eggs.
These are just TOO CUTE! I made enough to set at each place setting for my Easter table. I also think this would be a great baby-shower favor. I'm not a fan of peeps, so I left those off. Thanks for the great idea.
These are adorable and are easy for kids to great results! Thanks for sharing this fun recipe!