Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been told many many times that it is better than any steakhouse, so here you go. Enjoy and pass it on. It works best with Fillet Mignon but you can substitute for a different cut. Please make sure it is LOW SODIUM Montreal Steak Seasoning as the Maggi seasoning contains salt. If you can't find the Maggi sauce, you can also use soy sauce, preferably the low sodium kind.
- 4 filet mignon steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal low-sodium steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup maggi seasoning (the liquid kind)
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic ziploc bag.
- Marinate for about 20 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take it out of refrigerator 5 to 10 min before cooking time.
- Grill or broil to desired temperature.
This is a delicious and fast recipe to make. Even picky DH loved it! He doesn't like filet mignon so I used a Porterhouse that I separated into the filet and the New York before marinating. Thanks, Katanashrp, for a fantastic recipe.