This is great served as an appetizer or part of a Dim Sum brunch. Over the next few weeks I will be submitting other recipes suitable for Dim Sum. I will name and number them "Bergy Dim Sum 1, 2 etc." Many of the recipes will be freezer friendly so it is easy on the hostess (host) on the day of the brunch Edited 13 Dec 03 It has been a while since I made this recipe and found it was a bit light in the taste so I added 3/4 tsp hot chili flakes and 2 tbsp Schezwan sauce - just right for me. Do what the recipe says the first time and then you can spice it up. Do not mince the chestnuts, shoots & crab too fine you want a bit of crunch left.
- 8 ounces minced pork (or chicken)
- 1 can crab (155g or use artificil crab al)
- 1⁄4 cup minced mushroom
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 can 8 fl oz water chestnut, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 can 8 fl oz bamboo shoot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 8 -16 whole lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet and add minced pork, toss until dark golden brown Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots,crab and shallots.
- Toss well, cook 1 minute Combine sesame oil,oyster sauce& sherry, add to pan and toss until well combined, remove from heat.
- Have a bowl of cleaned lettuce leaves ready.
- When you are ready to serve this course bring the hot pork mixture and lettuce leaves to the table.
- Everyone helps themselves to a lettuce leaf adds a heaping tbsp of the pork, rolls the leaf around the meat and Enjoy!
- Optional: You may serve a sauce to go along with the wraps, serve on the side. Something like recipe#48345 Asian Dipping Sauce by Markthegastonome or a spicy one of your choosing
absolutely delicious! i served this with hoisin sauce which we spread on the lettuce before adding the pork mixture, what a wonderful dish!!! thanks bergy, i'll be making this often
This is the dish i made and it was fantastic. I again used apple juice instead of sherry. Plus I used a mix of half pork half chicken and it turned out wonderful. Thanks for posting
Fantastic dish,I also used apple juice instead of sherry.Just so easy and lite for the heat of summer.I loved the dim sum,and will make these again and again.Thanks Bergy you created another great recipe.