1/1 Photo of Bergy Dim Sum #1, Pork & Lettuce Rolls
This is great served as an appetizer or part of a Dim Sum brunch. Over the next few weeks I will be submitting other recipes suitable for Dim Sum. I will name and number them "Bergy Dim Sum 1, 2 etc." Many of the recipes will be freezer friendly so it is easy on the hostess (host) on the day of the brunch Edited 13 Dec 03 It has been a while since I made this recipe and found it was a bit light in the taste so I added 3/4 tsp hot chili flakes and 2 tbsp Schezwan sauce - just right for me. Do what the recipe says the first time and then you can spice it up. Do not mince the chestnuts, shoots & crab too fine you want a bit of crunch left.
My Private Note
Large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces minced pork (or chicken)
- 1 can crab (155g or use artificil crab al)
- 1/4 cup minced mushroom
- 6 shallots, minced
- 1/2 can 8 fl oz water chestnut, chopped fine
- 1/2 can 8 fl oz bamboo shoot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 8 -16 whole lettuce leaves
- 1Heat oil in a skillet and add minced pork, toss until dark golden brown Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots,crab and shallots.
- 2Toss well, cook 1 minute Combine sesame oil,oyster sauce& sherry, add to pan and toss until well combined, remove from heat.
- 3Have a bowl of cleaned lettuce leaves ready.
- 4When you are ready to serve this course bring the hot pork mixture and lettuce leaves to the table.
- 5Everyone helps themselves to a lettuce leaf adds a heaping tbsp of the pork, rolls the leaf around the meat and Enjoy!
- 6Optional: You may serve a sauce to go along with the wraps, serve on the side. Something like Asian Dipping Sauce Asian Dipping Sauce by Markthegastonome or a spicy one of your choosing
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bergy Dim Sum #1, Pork & Lettuce Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.3 mg
- Sodium 379.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: