Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This super easy side-dish is wonderful with any type of grilled or pan-fried steak. Good as left-overs, too. No idea about it's origin, it's been a family recipe for 40 years.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (undrained)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a 12" pan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, add bell pepper and saute until cooked but still firm.
- Combine mushrooms, salt, and kidney beans with bell pepper in pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, simmer briefly, then serve.
Julienne'd the pepper. Added, quarter of an onion finely diced, 2 tbsp of Soy sauce and 1.5 tsp of lemon juice, didn't add the salt (because of the soy sauce). Came up really nice.
This was good and quick to make. My husband liked it over rice. Thanks for sharing.
This was fast, easy, & tasted good. Thank you!