1/6 Photos of Belgian-Style Yeast Waffles from Kaf
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Recieved this from King Auther Flour and love the idea of yeast waffles. Here's what they had to say about it: This classic yeasted waffle recipe produces waffles that are wonderfully crisp outside, and creamy-smooth and moist inside. Even when cooling, they retain their wonderful texture. You can choose to prepare the batter for these waffles and cook it after an hour, but we prefer to let the batter rest overnight in the fridge, where it develops some real depth of flavor, yeasty and rich. Some aren't fond of this "yeasty/fermented" flavor; if you think you might fall into this camp, add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder to the recipe (in addition to the yeast), and cook after just a 30-minute rest; don't refrigerate overnight Prep time does not include resting
My Private Note
Deep 7" ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, leaving room for expansion; the mixture will bubble and grow.
- 2Stir to combine; it's OK if the mixture isn't perfectly smooth.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour; the mixture will begin to bubble. You can cook the waffles at this point, or refrigerate the batter overnight to cook waffles the next day.
- 4Preheat your waffle iron. Spray with non-stick vegetable oil spray, and pour 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter (or the amount recommended by the manufacturer) onto the center of the iron. Close the lid and bake for the recommended amount of time, until the waffle is golden brown. It takes us 5 to 6 minutes, using our 7" Belgian-style (deep-pocket) waffle iron.
- 5Serve immediately, or keep warm in a 200°F oven. Serve with berries and whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Belgian-Style Yeast Waffles from Kaf
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.4
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 151.6 mg
- Sodium 670.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g