Recipe by Big Mike2
The easiest way I know to do salmon...
Top Review by whifflellama
This was an interesting recipe. I never thought to mix beer and salmon before. I wasn't wowed by this recipe, but I have an inkling that if I try a different (better) beer the taste will probably be better. I'll definitely try it again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (1 12 inch tail piece)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using aluminum foil, create an oblong cooking tray (approximately 13 inches by 8 inches by 2 inches) to be placed directly on grill.
- Place salmon fillet in center of tray.
- Season first with garlic salt, sprinkle with brown sugar, and then cover with pieces of butter.
- Top with sliced red onions.
- Pour beer of choice into tray to just below the highest point of the fillet.
- Cover tray with aluminum foil to envelope fish completely.
- Place tray on grill, cover with lid, and grill for approximately 8 minutes or until just cooked through.