Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
My hubbies two favorite things! Tender steak in a creamy mushroom sauce! Can use any cut of beef- even cheap ones will come out tender. So yummy and easy!
- 2 lbs steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces beer, use a good dark ale
- 4 ounces nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Dust meat with flour and brown in a little oil added to the onions and mushrooms.
- Pour beer over all when meat has browned.
- Reduce heat. season with salt and pepper and simmer until meat is tender.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving and allow to heat through.
- Great served with mashed potatoes or rice.