Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My hubbies two favorite things! Tender steak in a creamy mushroom sauce! Can use any cut of beef- even cheap ones will come out tender. So yummy and easy!
- Sautee onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Dust meat with flour and brown in a little oil added to the onions and mushrooms.
- Pour beer over all when meat has browned.
- Reduce heat. season with salt and pepper and simmer until meat is tender.
- Stir in sour cream just before serving and allow to heat through.
- Great served with mashed potatoes or rice.
Everyone loved this. I did not use the entire beer, because I thought it would be too watery. I used corn starch in place of flour since that is all I had.
I used a dark Belgian ale with the beef steak and for some reason the end result ended up tasting bitter and gamey. Might have been better with a slightly sweeter beer. After making it I can't understand purpose of flouring the beef. The sauce had a nice consistency.
So easy and so good! This recipe has great flavor and went very well with rice. My family enjoyed it and want me to make it again. Thanks for sharing an excellent recipe.