1/1 Photo of Beef Braciole
1 hr 20 mins
Posted by request. Every Italian family has their own version of this dish. My grandmother made it with a simple garlic/cheese "stuffing", which is the same way I still make it. It can be served as a main course or as part of the "meat course" along with the meatballs, sausage, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a very sharp knife,"butterfly" the steak (or have the butcher do it).
- 2Pound the steak with a meat mallet until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Lightly season the meat with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread the minced garlic, minced parsley and cheese evenly over one side of the meat, to within a 1/4 inch of the edges.
- 5Starting with the long edge, tightly roll the meat up (like for a jelly roll).
- 6Tie the rolled meat tightly every few inches along the length of the roll, with the cord (make sure the ends of the roll are tied well).
- 7Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan, add braciole and onion.
- 8Fry the meat, turning it frequently until evenly browned.
- 9Add the browned braciole to the pot of simmering tomato sauce to finish cooking (about 45 minutes).
- 10To serve, remove the cords and slice the braciole into 1 inch slices.
- 11Spoon some sauce over the slices.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Braciole
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1207.4
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 390.2 mg
- Sodium 3033.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 117.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: