1 hr 15 mins
Veronica Zest's Note:
This recipe is a perfect healthy addition to almost any pasta dish. It is fairly inexpensive, quick, and simple. Even better: it's relatively high in protein and fiber while low in fats. Enjoy!
My Private Note
1 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor add the garlic, when roughly minced add in the onion and process until it is diced. Move this mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- 2Finely dice the mushrooms in the food processor and add those to the mixing bowl as well.
- 3Put the kidney beans (I used canned) into the food processor and blend until roughly mashed (NOT pureed). Put this into the mixing bowl as well.
- 4In the food processor again, blend the oats and sunflower seeds until the consistency of bread crumbs. Add to the mixing bowl.
- 5Finally, add the TVP, nutritional yeast, bay leaf, and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together until incorporated.
- 6Let this mixture sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour, then divide and roll into 1 inch balls. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Balls (Vegan "Meat" Balls)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.3
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 304.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein