Recipe by Sharon123
This is kind of like a hush puppy with the fish inside of it!I got this from a Walmart card! The recipe calls for hushpuppy mix, but the computer won't let me say it, so I have put biscuit mix. Mexico, Spain, the South, all use these ingredients!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package biscuit mix (hushpuppy mix)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the mayonnaise, green onions, jalapenos, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and red pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir together hushpuppy mix and milk in a medium bowl.
- Pour oil into a large deep skillet to a depth of 1/2". Heat oil to 350*F. Dredge fish in flour then in hushpuppy mix.
- Place fish in oil and fry in batches 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with sauce. Enjoy!