Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I got a part of this recipe online somewhere, but then I changed it so much that I can officially call it my own now creation! :) They came out very juicy and delicious. Great way to use up those fresh herbs in your garden!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine egg, onion powder, basil, parsley, ketchup, Parmesan cheese, garlic, pepper, salt, olive oil and bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Add ground beef, mixing well, but be certain not to over-mix. Shape into eight 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Place burgers on grill and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 14 to 18 minutes. When done, remove from grill and serve warm with buns and condiments of choice.