1/2 Photos of Basic Sour Cream White Cake
This is from "The Cake Mix Doctor" By Ann Byrn. Just a nice, basic white cake made from a cake mix with add-in ingredients. Frost however you want!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Generously grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- 3Place cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- 4Blend with mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- 5Stop machine, scrape down sides of bowl.
- 6Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more.
- 7Scrape down sides again if needed. The batter should look well combined and thickened.
- 8Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Place pan in oven.
- 10Bake the cake until it is light brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 35-40 minutes.
- 11Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- 12Run a dinner knife around edge of cake and invert it onto wire rack.
- 13Allow cake to cool completely, 30 minutes.
- 14Frost as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Sour Cream White Cake
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 241.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g