Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a very simple omelette for one. If you are going to add any fillings, make sure to prepare them ahead of time. Feta cheese and dill is a favourite of mine.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- Add some salt and pepper, if you like, but do not add any water, milk, or any other liquids.
- Heat the oil or butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs.
- In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette.
- This allows the uncooked egg on the top to flow down to the bottom of the pan.
- When the top is nearly set, sprinkle any fillings over half of the omelette and turn off the heat.
- Don't worry if some of the egg in the very centre isn't quite set, because the ambient heat will soon cook it.
- Use your spatula to flip one half of the omelette over the other and serve immediately.
MY first time, ever, making omelettes & it was perf. you're the reason I'm signing in to this page.
I always wanted to know how to make an omelette, but I messed it up the first time I tried to make it using a different recipe than this one. I tried this one and they came out perfectly. Making the small cuts in the egg was a handy tip. I added cheese, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms and they were delicious! I have now gained my confidence back and will definitely make them again. Thank you for making such a quick and easy recipe available to us.
This is a good basic omelette. We all enjoyed them.