1/7 Photos of Basic Omelette
This is a very simple omelette for one. If you are going to add any fillings, make sure to prepare them ahead of time. Feta cheese and dill is a favourite of mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- 2Add some salt and pepper, if you like, but do not add any water, milk, or any other liquids.
- 3Heat the oil or butter in a 9-inch non-stick frying pan and pour in the eggs.
- 4In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette.
- 5This allows the uncooked egg on the top to flow down to the bottom of the pan.
- 6When the top is nearly set, sprinkle any fillings over half of the omelette and turn off the heat.
- 7Don't worry if some of the egg in the very centre isn't quite set, because the ambient heat will soon cook it.
- 8Use your spatula to flip one half of the omelette over the other and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g