Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
In this recipe, the barbecue sauce ingredients are added to the burger instead of being put on top. You can also substitute ground pork, chicken, or turkey or a combination.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 -4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add all ingredients, except salt, to a large bowl.
- Combine ingredients by lightly folding with fingers.
- Shape into 6-8 patties, sprinkle both sides with salt and grill or pan fry until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
Used pork mince, family preference and they were enjoyed by all. Nice, subtle BBQ flavour, without being too strong. Would also be great as little meatballs for a party.
We thought these burgers were a nice change from our usual. I used 3 cloves of garlic and 4 teaspoons of chili powder. The spicy flavor was great. We grilled our burgers and they were moist and juicy. Thank you Lorac for posting your recipe.
I made half recipe and got 4 burgers. This burger is so different in taste than the other burgers I tried. My son is fussy for burgers but this one, he ate it without any problem. I used more Dijon mustard. We all enjoyed these burgers. Thanks Lorac :) Made for PAC Spring 2010