- 946.36 ml water
- 2 chicken quarters (breast half and leg)
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin shreds
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml finely chopped scallion
- 4.92 ml red chili oil
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
- 29.58 ml peanut butter, creamed with a little sesame oil plus extra for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water to a rolling boil in a wok or large saucepan. Add the chicken pieces, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and immerse in a bowl of cold water for at least 1 hour to cool it.
- Remove the chicken pieces, drain and dry with paper towels. Take all meat off the bones.
- On a flat surface, pound the chicken with a rolling pin, then tear the meat into shreds with 2 forks. Mix the chicken with the shredded cucumber and arrange in a serving dish.
- To serve, mix together all the sauce ingredients until thoroughly combined and pour over the chicken and cucumber in a serving dish. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped scallions over the sauce.