Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
This comes from "1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook". Found on my search for ZWT recipes.
- 946.36 ml water
- 2 chicken quarters (breast half and leg)
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin shreds
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml finely chopped scallion
- 4.92 ml red chili oil
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml sesame seeds
- 29.58 ml peanut butter, creamed with a little sesame oil plus extra for garnish
- Bring the water to a rolling boil in a wok or large saucepan. Add the chicken pieces, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and immerse in a bowl of cold water for at least 1 hour to cool it.
- Remove the chicken pieces, drain and dry with paper towels. Take all meat off the bones.
- On a flat surface, pound the chicken with a rolling pin, then tear the meat into shreds with 2 forks. Mix the chicken with the shredded cucumber and arrange in a serving dish.
- To serve, mix together all the sauce ingredients until thoroughly combined and pour over the chicken and cucumber in a serving dish. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and chopped scallions over the sauce.
This is delicious! The only change I made was I used 3 small chicken breasts... Made for ZWT # 6!
Great simple and healthy chicken dish! DH loves anything with peanut sauce so this was a hit for him. I did have to add a little rice wine to my sauce as it came out pretty thick. Loved the spicy with the chicken and cool cucumber. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Bang BANG!!! This is awesome! Very healthy and a technique that I'm glad I know now! I have never pounded out chicken AFTER it's cooked and it worked really well. The final product was fresh and fantastic. I will be making this again for sure! Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks Tanner's Mom in Virginia! :)