Recipe by duonyte
I believe I got this recipe from Southern Living - found it scribbled on a program from a conference I attended in Florida. I am not a huge fan of packaged cake mixes, but this is really a life saver when you need something fast and have bananas. I've brought it to a number of potluck, where it's been a real crowd-pleaser.
Top Review by Nikki E.
Try making this with batter you made yourself. It tastes more like bananas, and is more of a home-made recipe. I use the batter from a Strawberry Pound Cake, but instead of -or including- strawberries, I use bananas!
- 1 (16 ounce) box poundcake mix (Betty Crocker brand recommended)
- 3 large bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease two loaf pans or a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix all ingredients together, beating for about three or four minutes until thoroughly mixed. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake until done, about 40-45 minutes for large pan, perhaps 35 minutes for loaf pans.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, turn out and cool completely.
- Note1: I've also mixed in a cup or so of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Note2: I've never put on icing, but a glaze or a dusting of powdered sugar would be nice.