Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so good and super easy to throw together. The recipe goes way back to when I lived in Laguna Beach. We used to have them often.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, 1% is fine too
- 1⁄2 cup dates, fresh, pitted and chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 8 ice cubes
- Place everything in blender and blend until the ice cubes are well incorperated.
- Serve in two chilled glasses.
- How easy is that :).
Had this in Dubia. You can cut the calories by using 2 dates, one banana, and almond milk. I have one every day. High in minerals.
This was really awesome. I was at a lost what to do with these dates I purchased in bulk. Now I know! It is also a great substitute for cereal for my picky toddler.
Yummy!! DD2 (5 months) even liked it! I used Balkan yogurt, water to be healthier & because of lactose intolerance, date syrup to taste, the bananas & ice.