Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy on a chocolate cake! Simple too. This will frost an 8x8 cake or 18-20 cupcakes, to do a full sized cake you need to double it.
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (1-2 fully ripe, yellow with brown flecks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Mix together bananas and lemon juice.
- Beat butter in mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add sugar and bananas alternately, a small amount at a time.
- Beat until frosting is light and fluffy.
This was a very good banana frosting. I will use this one again for all of my banana cakes. Love it, love it, love it!
OMG!!! This is awesome! It's super easy to make and has a great, fluffy consistancy and it stays white. If you're skeptical, don't be. It's not overly banana-ish.....just enough to give it a different flavor. I used this to frost some vanilla and some chocolate cupcakes for a bake sale. I'll be using this recipe often; thanx for posting it!