Recipe by MammaBear23
Cookies that taste like banana bread! My banana bread lover loved these cookies. I had included these on my 2006 Christmas cookie tray. I'm putting the recipe here on Zaar for safe keeping. I don't recall where I got this from, so if anyone knows, proper credit will be given. I did omit the macadamia nuts last year because I ran short.
Top Review by Julian P.
The dough was sticky, might be my own doing. They have a hint of banana in them, it's not overpowering...I think I'd add more spices next time or maybe some crystal sugar on top. Other than the that, ten minutes at 350. They have a good soft texture, seem moist.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed or until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla until well blended and banana is mashed.
- On low speed, gradually beat in flour in three additions until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets(I used parchment paper).
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container. (Recipe states cookies keep in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. Or frozen up to 2 months.).