Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yet another Banana Bread recipe. I sometimes add nuts or chocolate chips.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 29.58 ml sour cream or 29.58 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- Cream sugar and butter together, add egg, bananas and sour cream, mix well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda together, stir into banana mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake about 50 minutes at 375 degrees or until tooth pick comes out clean.
What a faaaabulous recipe. I chose this one because of the little amount of butter required. I opted for the milk instead of the sour cream...can only imagine it´s even better with sour cream (likcing lips). I live in Spain where the flour is different, and I haven´t had the best of luck texture-wise baking mom´s best this and mom´s best that...until today. What can I say, it was everything banana bread should be.
This was awesome. We loved it, very moist and flavorful. Thanks so much, I will make this one again and again!!!
Based on other reviews, I made a bunch of changes. I think it's a great base recipe that you can change to suit your needs. That said, I made the following changes:
- reduced sugar to 1/2 cup
- added 1 tspn vanilla and extra tablespoon of milk to liquids
- added 1/2 tspn cinnamon to flour
- folded in about 1/3 cup of choco chips
This was on the drier side for a quick bread, but is so so tasty! I am very happy with the recipe.