1/1 Photo of Banana Bran Muffins with Strawberry Butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml butter, firm
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 158.51 ml natural bran
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 158.51 ml banana, mashed
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml strawberry jam
- 1Preheat oven to 375F (190C). In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 2Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- 3Stir in bran and nuts.
- 4In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg; stir in banana, yogurt, brown sugar and molasses.
- 5Add to dry ingredients, all at once, stirring just until moistened.
- 6Divide batter evenly among 12 medium greased muffin cups.
- 7Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes in cups on wire racks.
- 9Remove from cups and let cool completely.
- 10Serve with Strawberry Butter.
- 11Straw berry Butter: Cream together 1/2 cup (125 mL) softened butter and 1/2 cup (125 mL) strawberry jam. Makes about 1 cup (250 mL).
- 12TIP: Add a topping treat to your muffins before you bake them. Over batter in muffin cups, sprinkle quick-cooking rolled oats, cinnamon and sugar, sesame seeds or chopped nuts.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bran Muffins with Strawberry Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.5 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g