I planted my very first garden this year and hoping for a bounty to emerge so I can make some "canned" goods. This recipe make 5 half-pints which I think is a manageable amount. From "Better Homes and Gardens - Can It!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until butter melts; add onion, salt, and sugar and cook, covered, until onions are tender, about 13 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Uncover, turn heat up to medium high, and cook and stir until onions are a deep golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cherry tomatoes and honey; bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-high and boil until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in balsamic vinegar and season with pepper.
- 5Ladle mixture into hot, sterilized jars, leavin 1/4-inch headspace.
- 6Wipe jar rims and apply lids.
- 7Process jars in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes (begin timing once water returns to a boil); remove jars and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Cherry Tomato Onion Conserve
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 123.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g