Prep 55 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was just served at our church's "Mother's Day Luncheon to rave reviews. Can be prepared ahead, then baked just before serving.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Arrange chicken in greased casserole dish. Top each chicken breast with cheese slice.
- Combine soup with wine, mixing well. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with stuffing. Drizzle melted butter over stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
Loved this! I subbed in a can of cream of mushroom, low salt chicken stock and some broccoli florets. It was a great hearty meal that I will be making again. The best part is that my boyfriend also really loved this and has asked me to make it for him again to take as lunch(es) to work!!
For our tastes, this is fine, but not particularly memorable. I admit that I seem to have an aversion to recipes using canned soup, so perhaps my review reflects that.
Very good recipe! Thank you for sharing.