Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A little bit of southern cooking for those of us who miss the food back home.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hominy grits
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine water, milk, salt, and grits in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Allow 5 minutes for quick-cooking grits and 30 minutes for regular grits Stir a little of the grits in eggs; return to saucepan and mix well with cheese.
- Pour into a buttered 1 quart casserole; dot with butter.
- Bake in 350 F for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. I used 1% milk, 2% cheese and smart balance. Yum.
This was awesome! I even added some garlic to it and it was great! Thanks
Oh yummy! I am trying to finish the cleaning out of my pantry before the movers come and I had exactly 1 cup of quick cooking grits left. I used skim milk and 2% american cheese slices (hey! It was all I had!) and a whole lot less than 2 tbsp. of butter. (Just a little on top.) This was creamy and wonderful. A great side dish for dinner.