Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another from "Pacific Fresh". This is a simple and rather unusual side dish. It is very tasty and one more way to use up that zucchini. Good served with roasted chicken!
- 3 medium zucchini, grated (leave peel on)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash zucchini, leaving skins on, and grate either by hand or in a food processor.
- Blot zucchini with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place in an 8 inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place evenly over zucchini.
- Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Remove from oven and pour off any liquid that has accumulated in the bottom of the dish.
- Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese and bake until zucchini is tender and cheese melts. About 5-10 more minutes.
I wonder what this recipe might be like with cream cheese instead of sour cream...?
Loved the texture. My husband said it was definitely one of the best ways to cook zucchini. I squeezed most of the water out instead of blotting. Personally I believe it needed a bit more salt, but that's just me. :)
Fabulous and easy side dish and so quick to do - nothing can go wrong so it will be a winner every time - thanks to JillAZ