Recipe by Marie
Crunchy, crispy chicken that tastes like fried, but without the extra calories. Extremely easy and so tasty!
Top Review by I'mPat
I made this for the DM and DS using a Maryland cut of chicken (thigh and leg intact with skin and allowed for 50 to 60 minutes cooking time) I skipped the broiler/griller stage and sprayed the chicken with some extra virgin olive oil and cooked them in a fan forced oven at 175C and they were thoroughly enjoyed. From a personal note I think I would half the amount of flour .and put the same amount as breadcrumbs as I think it would brown better. Thank you Mairie, made for Name Ingrediant tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients, place in a plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Combine lemon juice, butter and oil.
- Add chicken and turn pieces to coat.
- Shake chicken in crumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Place on 15 x 10 baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Preheat broiler and broil for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.