Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Crunchy, crispy chicken that tastes like fried, but without the extra calories. Extremely easy and so tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 -4 lbs chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Combine first 7 ingredients, place in a plastic bag and shake to mix.
- Combine lemon juice, butter and oil.
- Add chicken and turn pieces to coat.
- Shake chicken in crumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Place on 15 x 10 baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Preheat broiler and broil for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
I made this for the DM and DS using a Maryland cut of chicken (thigh and leg intact with skin and allowed for 50 to 60 minutes cooking time) I skipped the broiler/griller stage and sprayed the chicken with some extra virgin olive oil and cooked them in a fan forced oven at 175C and they were thoroughly enjoyed. From a personal note I think I would half the amount of flour .and put the same amount as breadcrumbs as I think it would brown better. Thank you Mairie, made for Name Ingrediant tag game.
I made this on 10/02/08 for the "Kathy and Liza Cook-A-Thon" (our wonderful elves, who make everything at "ZAAR" possible) and also as part of mine and SO's dinner.I didn't have any fresh parsley, so I used 1 teaspoon of dried.I didn't have any fresh lemons, so about 2 teaspoons of bottled juice was used.Other than those two changes, the recipe was followed as written.Since I had used boneless skinless chicken breasts, the baking time was cut back to 35 minutes. I had a bit of trouble getting the chicken to crisp up,even under the broiler.But other than that the taste was very moist, and had a great flavor.The lemon juice gave this recipe a "tangy little kick". Even though it didn't crisp up,this will be made again. Thanks for posting and "Keep Smiling :)"