Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
You can substitute cherries, blueberries or raisins for the dried cranberries.
Make and share this Baked Cranberry Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 709.77 ml skim milk, plus more for serving if desired
- 88.74 ml packed brown sugar
- 22.18 ml margarine
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 354.88 ml peeled, finely chopped apples
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped walnuts or 177.44 ml pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat a 9 in square pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the oats, chopped apple, cranberries, and nuts; spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- When the milk mixture begins to boil, pour out evenly over the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, ore until the liquid has been absorbed and the oatmeal is tender.
- Cut the mixture into 6 servings, scooping each out into a cereal bowl.
- Garnish with a sliced apple (if desired) and serve with a pitcher of milk.
I'm trying to learn better ways to cook oatmeal so that I'll enjoy eating it more often. This is really good! I really liked a different baked oatmeal dish, so thought I would try this one. This one is nothing like the other, but is also really good. I used blueberries instead od cranberries. It is nice to eat oatmeal that isn't too sweet! Thanks!
This is really good! I agree - might never eat oatmeal any other way from now on. I've made it twice and now add about 1/2 tsp salt, extra tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla to the milk mixture. This seems to bring out the flavors better. YUM!! FYI, it's 5 WW pts per serving without the nuts.
DD has been asking for baked oatmeal for several weeks and I finally got around to baking some for her. I used dried cherries as I had some that needed to be used up, a granny smith apple and pecans (our favorite nut for baking). It smelled heavenly while baking and the taste was wonderful. A nice change from regular oatmeal. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting this Tish! Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.