Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in a 1992 newspaper clipping I found in an old cookbook I bought It was an old Baton Rouge recipe clipping. I haven't tried it yet, but wanted to keep it safe
- 1. Prepare creole sauce as directed.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. Place the catfish in a baking dish sprayed with the non stick spray. Add the creole sauce and bake uncovered for20 minutes or until fish springs back to the touch.
- 4. When ready to serve, remove the fillets to a warmed platter and pour the sauce over them. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- yeild:12 oz fish.
- Serving: 3 oz catfish with about 1/2 cup sauce.
- Creole Sauce.
- 1/2 tblsp olive oil.
- 1/2 cup tomatoes , peeled and diced.
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped.
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped.
- 1 tsp garlic , finely minced.
- Creole Seasonings:.
- 3/4 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped.
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- 1/8 tsp white pepper.
- 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- 1/8 tap red pepper.
- 1/8 tsp paprika.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth.
- 1 tblsp tomato paste.
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, onions, celery, bell peppers, garlic, and seasonings stirring to combine. Cook until onions are trandlucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the stock and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
- Serving: 1/4 cup.
- Chicken Stock Recipe Follows.