Recipe by Douglas Gove
Do you like sweets? If you do you will love this recipe.
Top Review by Sisty Gin
Yum! Yum! Yum! These baked beans are so good! I made it for a party of 50. I had MANY people ask for the recipe. I directed them here. I made it with Dijon mustard. Yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll definitely use it again.
- 2 lbs dark brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 (3 quart) can pork and beans
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- In sauce pan, fry bacon.
- When cooked but still soft, add diced peppers, garlic and onion.
- Cook till translucent, add ketchup worcestershire sauce and mustard and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and simmer, stirring often.
- Rinse the pork and beans to remove the sauce [canned sauce is not real food discard it] and add to the sauce that you have made and simmer till hot and bubbly.
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.