Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- 24 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- 78.07 ml prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 12 slice bacon
- 24 pickled jalapeno peppers
- 24 wood toothpicks
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml chili sauce
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish
- 14.79 ml minced sweet red pepper
- Place shrimp and vinaigrette into a large resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Microwave bacon for 1 minute on high.
- Cut slices in half crosswise (for a total of 24 pieces) and let cool.
- Heat broiler.
- Coat a large broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Put one piece of bacon on work surface.
- Place a shrimp at one end; tuck a jalapeno slice into curl of shrimp.
- Roll bacon up tightly to enclose filling, securing with toothpick.
- Repeat using all bacon, shrimp and jalapenos.
- Stir together mayonnaise, chili sauce, pickle relish red pepper and 1 T water in small bowl.
- Place shrimp rolls on prepared pan.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Broil 3 minutes.
- Turn, brush with marinade and broil 2 minutes more.
- Serve with sauce for dipping.
These were a big hit with my BF!! I liked them too, but when it comes to bacon, I like mine burned!....so next time I may pre-cook the bacon a bit longer before wrapping to try and achieve a more crisp exterior. The flavor of the marinated shrimp, jalapeno and bacon was fabulous though and the sauce has a nice fiery bite! Thank you for sharing this delicious appetizer.