Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I love the flavors of blue cheese, bacon, and green onions together and by putting them in the wonderful traditional mashed potatoes and stuffing them into chicken breasts make a dish the family will love, and it's even elegant enough for those special dinners!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until well done and crispy. Remove to paper towels to blot, then crumble and set aside. Reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Trim chicken breasts of any fat and cut a wide lengthwise slit in the center of the side of the chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, bacon crumbles, blue cheese, and half of the sliced green onions. Mix with a wooden spoon until blended. Spoon about ¼ cup of the potato mixture into the slit in the chicken breast and secure with long tooth picks. Place remaining potato mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Over medium high to high heat, in the same skillet with the reserved bacon drippings, brown the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Turn with tongs and be careful to keep potato mixture inside the chicken breasts. Place stuffed chicken breasts in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Place chicken and remaining mashed potato casserole in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake both dishes another 20- 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place on a platter. Pour pan drippings over chicken, tent with foil and let rest for 7-10 minutes. Garnish chicken breasts and extra casserole with remaining green onion slices. Serve stuffed chicken breasts and pass remaining mashed potato casserole.