1/1 Photo of Bacon & Blue Cheese Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts #5FIX
1 hr 5 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I love the flavors of blue cheese, bacon, and green onions together and by putting them in the wonderful traditional mashed potatoes and stuffing them into chicken breasts make a dish the family will love, and it's even elegant enough for those special dinners!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, cook bacon until well done and crispy. Remove to paper towels to blot, then crumble and set aside. Reserve the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- 3Trim chicken breasts of any fat and cut a wide lengthwise slit in the center of the side of the chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes, bacon crumbles, blue cheese, and half of the sliced green onions. Mix with a wooden spoon until blended. Spoon about ¼ cup of the potato mixture into the slit in the chicken breast and secure with long tooth picks. Place remaining potato mixture into a greased baking dish.
- 5Over medium high to high heat, in the same skillet with the reserved bacon drippings, brown the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Turn with tongs and be careful to keep potato mixture inside the chicken breasts. Place stuffed chicken breasts in a baking dish and cover with foil.
- 6Place chicken and remaining mashed potato casserole in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake both dishes another 20- 25 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven, place on a platter. Pour pan drippings over chicken, tent with foil and let rest for 7-10 minutes. Garnish chicken breasts and extra casserole with remaining green onion slices. Serve stuffed chicken breasts and pass remaining mashed potato casserole.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon & Blue Cheese Potato Stuffed Chicken Breasts #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.3
- Calories from Fat 519
- Total Fat 57.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 1640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes