Recipe by BoY_MoM_07
This is my FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe. I adapted it from the Original Toll House recipe. They don't stick around too long! The boys and hubby gobble them up!! The only thing I changed from the original was add 3tsp of vanilla instead of 1.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (12oz Pkg)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- BEAT butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- ADD eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- STIR in morsels and nuts.
- NOTE: I like to refrigerate the dough for 15 mins or so, to get it cool. This helps get a chunky cookie instead of a flat one. I also cool my sheets down with cold water in between batches so they don't start to melt before they get into the oven.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- *TIP: To keep cookies soft, store them in an airtight container with a piece of bread.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375°F Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- * May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
- FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.