Recipe by The Flying Chef
I love experimenting with different stuffings for chicken. Here's another combination I've come up with that works really well.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very tasty recipe. Not too hard to put together either. I sub's sun-dried tomotoes NOT in oil; to softened I soaked in hot water for abit & sliced. I wrapped the chicken in the prosciutto, however, I might try layering it inside the chicken so it stays moist. I found it got abit crispy on the outside. We enjoyed the sauce but found that 1/2 was enough for the 4 breasts. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, Sliced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto ham (These are to wrap around the breast. I always say 8 slices to allow for 2 per breast. Last night I c)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon condensed chicken broth (powder, cube, paste etc.. My stock is quite dense, so you may have to adjust for taste depending on )
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly (about 1/2 inch thickness).
- Place 2-3 slices of the avocado onto each breast (You will have avocado left over I use this for my salad I serve on the side), remove tomatoes from oil and slice thinly ( 2 Tomatoes per breast) lay slices on top of avocado, finally top with sliced mozzarella. (quarter of cheese per breast). Fold breast over to cover, Wrap two slices of Prosciutto around each breast.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c. Lightly oil an oven proof dish, place chicken breasts in dish and cook for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat milk in a medium saucepan add chicken stock. Mix a little water with cornflour and add half the cornflour to milk. Stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the wine, Worcestershire sauce stir, whisk in mustard until blended.
- Finally add the sugar, cream and remaining cornflour stir until sauce boils and thickens, add the parsley, stir and serve with chicken.
- To serve: Place chicken on a plate, pour the sauce over and serve with salad on the side.